Friday 20 December 2013

Arizona Life Birds: Follow Up

One thing you learn as a photographer turned birder is that just because you can see and follow a bird with your binoculars or see it through a scope at 65x magnification, doesn't mean you'll get a good photo of it, if you even get one at all.  That being said, I did get some nice photographs of some of the Lifers in Arizona this week, along with photos of birds I failed to photograph last year.  I also took some nice photos of the scenery too, along with birds that were new for the year or new for my Arizona Life List.



Juniper Titmouse: 612


Mountain Chickadee: 613


Burrowing Owl:


Say's Phoebe:


Some lovely scenery at the end of a great day of birding:



 Rosy-faced Lovebird: 617



A very thirsty Heron lost in the dessert:


My first Arizona Green-tailed Towhee,(I'd seen a vagrent in Florida in 2012):


The handsome Lewis's Woodpecker: 614,(my new favorite bird)


  Mountain Plover: 615



Rufous-capped Sparrow:


 And Finally, the Code 5 Sinaola Wren: 616,(alas, not great photos)





No comments:

Post a Comment