Thursday 14 March 2013

Returning to Fort DeSotto

It's been 11 months since the great Fall Out of 2012 and every time I've been to the old fort since then it just isn't the same.  From about April 23-25 the park was alive with birds.  They were hanging from the trees like christmas ornaments, every size and color imaginable.  It was just a matter of taking inventory.    Since then, it's been a nice, quite place to bird.  In fact I was the only birder out there on Wednesday afternoon.  Still, I did find my share of nice birds, plus so many shorebirds, I couldn't keep up.   At least in Florida, there is rarely a shortage of shorebirds.  There were lots of Black and White Warblers out, but I couldn't locate the reported Saltmarsh Sparrow.  All in all, though, it was a great afternoon of birding.

Here are some photos from there and a few other locations around Tampa Bay:

















No comments:

Post a Comment