Friday 7 June 2013

Kidney Stone Follow-up

I am recovering from the surgery to hopefully get rid of my stone in a timely manner and with as little discomfort as possible.  But I can't help but reflect on the fact that exactly one year ago I was in Alaska, a trip I would never have made if not for the Big Year I was attempting as a first year birder.

To think what I'd have missed had I been forced to cancel the trip due to a kidney stone.  Red-faced Cormorants and Black-billed Magpies, Horned and Tufted Puffins, Marbled and Kittlitz's Murrelets, a Willow Ptarmigan and Caribou in Denali National Park and a Great Gray Owl on the Kenai Peninsula.

And the mountains and glaciers. The moose and the whales.  It was amazing and unforgettable.  I can't wait until I go back.

And in no particular order, here are some photo memories I have been enjoying while I recoup at home:




















No comments:

Post a Comment