Wednesday 19 June 2013

Summer and Kidney Stone Update

I've not  been birding much the last two weeks, since returning from Michigan.  I've been in the hospital once for every species of Sapsucker in North America, which is 4 times in the last two weeks.  I still have a stone and stent,(kinda sounds like an Irish Pub, but not as much fun).  I miss being out and not being out means not walking and walking has been my exercise for most of the last 18 months.  Having missed out on that for the last 5 days has made me feel slow and sluggish, so I have taken walks the last two days and feel much better.  I need to get back in shape for my trip to Vancouver, as I have two days to bird out there after I finish my work with the Vancouver Canadians.

I didn't see much today, but yesterday at Colonel Sam Smith Park it was mommies and babies day.  As in baby Red-necked Grebes, Robins, Blackbirds and Starlings.  Two beautiful days to be out and a very different summer this will be.  Yes, I get to go out to the west coast for a couple of days, this month, but last year from June to mid August I was in Alaska, Vancouver, Arizona, Texas and Missouri and Minnesota and added over 100 species to my big year.

This year I am hoping to add a few lifers in BC.  Still, it will be fun, as I only had about 9 hours to bird in the Vancouver area last year.  This year I have nearly two full days and perhaps time to get out of the greater Vancouver area.







No comments:

Post a Comment